We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies. The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit. You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we can’t guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies.
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/ 32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
Data Protection Principles
By collecting your data, it allows us to understand what your needs and wants are, provide personalised content and match the most relevant adverts and services for you. It also allows us to provide targeted offers and services you may be interested to hear about.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
We will use your information to provide and personalise our service and to detect and prevent fraud. We will also use your contact details to communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news about Prohibido Ltd group products and services or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
Disclosures of Your Information
We will never pass your personal information to anyone else, except where we are required or permitted to do so by law, for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process information on our behalf both in the UK and abroad. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Cookies and IP Addresses
When you visit one of our websites, we may send you a cookie. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer for the following purposes:
Cookies help us to recognise you when you come back to our websites and to note the advertisements displayed to you. This helps us to choose adverts that we think are more relevant to you. We may use the services of third party ad servers for this purpose. A third party ad server is a company that specialises in maintaining, serving, tracking and analysing results of online advertising campaigns.
Cookies may be used to compile anonymous statistics about online activity. A third party collects such data on our behalf to measure website performance. Information collected is aggregated for reporting purposes. The use of this service assists us in measuring and improving our websites.
We may also track IP addresses. An IP Address is a number that can identify an Internet Service Provider and country location. It cannot provide personal information.
Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. You are not obliged to accept cookies and may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. Please be aware that if you disable cookies, many personalised services on our websites will not work as we intended.
Web Beacons and URL Tracking
As part of our email communications and website analyses, we may use web beacons and track URLs.
Web beacons are electronic files that count users who access a website or page and can also allow us to see if a cookie has been activated. Web beacons on web pages or email communications allow us to see how successful an article may be or that an email message was successfully delivered and read.
Tracked URLs will count the amount of clicks on a web page. This allows us to edit the site according to the popularity of the articles you read.
You can’t decline web beacons, however by preventing cookies being used on your computer, you can prevent web beacons from tracking your activity.
Please be aware that if you disable cookies, many services on our websites will not be available to you, particularly those that contain personalised content as outlined in the section Personalised content.
When you request to have your profile removed from further marketing offers from us, you will be added to a suppression list to ensure your request is complied with. All personal data is processed in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have a right to ask for a copy of your personal information from Prohibido Ltd (for which we charge a small processing fee) and to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. To make sure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through training of our staff, we may monitor or record telephone calls.
Notification of Changes
How to contact us:
Data Protection Enquiries
General information about data protection may be found at:
Information Commissioner’s website: http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk
Direct Marketing Association: http://www.dma.org.uk
Consumer advice from the DMA: http://www.mydm.co.uk
This copyright policy summarises how users are permitted to use our content.
Our Terms and Conditions set out the detail of what you can and cannot do with our content. This copyright policy summarises how users are permitted to use our content. All of the material published on our website and other platforms is protected by copyright law. Use that is made without our permission may therefore infringe our copyright which can result in personal and corporate liability.
As specified above you may not republish or redistribute full text. You may however republish or redistribute summaries of articles if you comply with the conditions set out below. “Summaries” can be either an “extract” or an “abstract”. By “extract” we mean 30 words copied verbatim from an article which is inserted into a longer original work. By “abstract” we mean a 30 word non-verbatim summary of the news or facts reported in an article which does not form part of a longer work.
These are the conditions you must comply with in order to produce summaries:
you source Prohibido Ltd as the author of any article from which you have derived a summary by way of an attribution such as “[journalist name] at Prohibido Ltd reported that”, with a hypertext link from the word “Prohibido Ltd” to the original story published on www.prohibido.com;
in the case of abstracts, you make clear that the abstract has been produced by you by stating “this abstract from “Prohibido Ltd was produced by [name]”, with a hypertext link from the word “Prohibido Ltd” to the original story published on www.prohiobido.com;
you ensure that your summaries do not in whole or in part form a Substitute for Prohibido Ltd own products and services
you do not use or create summaries that promote or endorse any product or service; and
if Prohibido Ltd notifies you that it believes you are creating, republishing or redistributing summaries outside of these parameters, you shall immediately cease doing so and your rights to create summaries shall be regarded as having been withdrawn, unless/until Prohibido Ltd reaches an agreement with you regarding your use of Prohibido Ltd articles.
Please note that these rights do not extend to content, data or other material published by Prohibido Ltd that we licence from third parties which you may not republish or redistribute.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by our terms and conditions of use.
The term Prohibido Ltd or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Prohibido Ltd, UK. Our company registration number is 07116069 registered in England and Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
This website uses to monitor browsing preferences. If you do allow cookies to be used, the following personal information may be stored by us for use by third parties.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
These Rules are the conditions of entry to all competitions.
1. These Rules are the conditions of entry to all competitions and apply to all competitions held by Prohibido Ltd and any of its subsidiaries, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice”) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Prohibido Ltd’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees of Prohibido Ltd plc or any associated company of Prohibido Ltd plc and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Prohibido Ltd assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
10. Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Prohibido Ltd in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Unless otherwise indicated photocopies of entry coupons are not accepted. Where a winner has been selected and Prohibido Ltd discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with Prohibido Ltd website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Prohibido Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
17. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Prohibido Ltd does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material
18. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Prohibido Ltd publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
22. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Prohibido Ltd and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
23. Where a prize maynot be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
24. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
25. Prohibido Ltd does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Prohibido Ltd will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
26. In consideration of Prohibido Ltd agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Prohibido Ltd (and third parties authorised by Prohibido Ltd) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Prohibido Ltd (and third parties authorised by Prohibido Ltd) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
27. Prohibido Ltd does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Prohibido Ltd may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
28. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Prohibido Ltd reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
29. Prohibido Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Prohibido Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Prohibido Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
30. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Prohibido Ltd reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
32. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.